This project is hosted on FamilyTreeDNA (FTDNA) and you can easily access it by either googling “O'Malley FTDNA” or simply following this link here.
The project is open to anyone (male or female) with a suspected O'Malley ancestor, especially anyone whose surname is O'Malley or one of its many possible variants, including any of the following names … Mailey, Mailly, Malee, Maley, Malia, Malie, Malley, Malley/O'Malley, Mallie, Maly, Mealey, Meally, Mealy, Melia, Mhallie, O'Maley, O'Malley, O'Mally, O'Mealey, Omaley, Omalley, Omally
All three major types of DNA are accepted by the project, whether it is Y-DNA, mitochondrial DNA, or autosomal DNA (e.g. Family Finder). However, the primary focus of the project is the O'Malley surname and its inheritance along the direct male line (your father’s father’s father’s line). Hence Y-DNA is of particular importance. A Y-DNA-37 test is the minimum recommended for reliable allocation to a particular genetic family and all members are encouraged to purchase (or upgrade to) at least this 37-marker test.
You can join the project in several ways:
- If you have already done a DNA test with FTDNA, click here
- If you haven't done a DNA test with FTDNA ...
- click here to transfer your results from Ancestry, MyHeritage, 23andMe or other companies
You can view general information about the project, its goals, and some background information on the FTDNA website.
- FTDNA Project Home Page - if you ever forget the weblink, you can easily access the project by simply googling “O'Malley FTDNA”
- Overview - some relevant details re project logistics
- Background - this gives a brief description of the history of the project
- Goals - a brief summary of the specific goals of the project
- Pedigree Page - this is where we post the O'Malley direct male line pedigrees of project members
- Results - this gives a brief summary of the project status, group by group
- Project Statistics - this includes the total number of members to date & the tests that have been taken by group members
- Email the Administrator - just click here